Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Grey Mare

Here's a stamp I received for a gift from a friend on SCS.  This was my first color with it and I really struggled with the ground.....as you can probably tell!  Glad I have the stamp for endless images to practice with.  Next time I'll add some clouds to the background as well.

For the horses I used the "cool" greys.  I also used a  #0 "blender" pen to pull some of the grey color out of the areas I wanted to highlight on the horses.
If your new to the blender pen, make note to self.  This pen does not blend, it pulls/draws the color out of the paper.  Good news is, if you screw up...just add your color back in and try again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Leslie,

    Welcome to the world of blogging! I just adore your mare card and love horses. I am new to copics too. After exhausting all efforts of finding a class in my area I decided to teach myself. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! So glad you didn't wait around and sit on the fence, but jumped right in with your ambition!

    ReplyDelete