Monday, April 18, 2011

"Oh for a horse with wings!"

Don't you just love Shakespeare?
I love this set from Stampin' Up and it's the first time I used it with Copics!
I had a vision and it's safe to say it came close.  Next time I want to play with the horses coat and add some texture to it.  I recently purchased lots of the warm grey Copics.....that's why your seeing a lot of grey horses. 
I pulled out the "0" colorless blender bottle as well again.  Tackling those backgrounds and decided on this technique.  I grabbed a faithful cotten circle pad (face cleaning type) and added a couple drops of the blender to it and daped it on the sky/sunset for a cloudy effect.  I also kept going right on into the dust/ground for some texture as well.
Then just built a simple card with Nestibilites and an embossing plate.

......and the color choices.  Sorry for the blur.  It's not easy for my vintage digital to focus in on the color codes.  It's one of my excuses for wanting a Canon Rebel!

No comments:

Post a Comment