Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Winter Forest

Here's a card I sent out for a "swap". The theme of the swap was Winter Forest and this is what came into mind for me.  Two separate stamp sets, both from Stampin' Up.  I love embossing folders/texture plates, it seems like I always use the snowflake one like this.  It went over well and ended up being a really, really fun swap!

Image was colored with very limited Copics.  In order to acquire most of the shading I used the same color and just went over the shadow areas again, later, when the ink had dried! 

2 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! I'm sure that the swap members were all thrilled with this. I love the vintage look of it, and that embossing folder sure gives it a lot of texture and dimension. I really love your work, and I passed on an award to you over on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the online stamping community. I found your new blog post on SCS. Your card is gorgeous! Love your blog template too! Hugs, Karen
    P.S. If you have time to stop by, I've a bloghop and blog candy going on today!

    ReplyDelete